Thursday, September 14, 2006

Follow Your Heart... *Update*

You can choose to follow your heart always. ~Don Miguel Ruiz

We don't need to know or prove anything. Just to be, to take a risk and enjoy your life, is all that matters. Say no when you want to say no, and yes when you want to say yes. You have the right to be you. ~Don Miguel Ruiz

'You are Life passing through your body, passing through your mind, passing through your soul. Once you find that out, not with logic, not with the intellect, but because you can feel that Life - you find out that you are the force that makes the flowers open and close, that makes the hummingbird fly from flower to flower. You find out that you are in every tree, and you are in every animal, vegetable, and rock. You are that force that moves the wind and breathes through your body. The whole universe is a living being that is moved by that force, and that is what you are. You are Life.' ~Don Miguel Ruiz

~*~*~*~*~*~
I do love Don Miguel Ruiz's teaching and quotes. They give me peace. I have both his books The Four Agreements & The Mastery of Love. I hope to get his other books someday, specifically: The Voice of Knowledge; A Practical Guide to Inner Peace, Prayers; A Communion With Our Creator, & Beyond Fear; A Toltec Guide to Freedom & Joy.

I've never been much of a self help afficiondo, but something happened when I read his book, that hasn't happened when I tried to read other's books (like Dr. Phil or whomever).... It was almost like I got it. I knew what he was saying, internally. It was easy to attribute what he was saying in my life and therefore...it stuck. I'm not perfect (we ALL know that :P) but I try and the wisdom that has resonated with me the most was his. So today's quotes are all from him.

Today's post will be short, as I'm not well today. I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon in a fair amount of pain at work and it seems this has extended into today as well. So rather than try to fight it, I'm staying home to meet it head on and hopefully with some sleep and warmth make it go away.

Many thanks to everyone for continuing to light candles. Remember if you put the group SKYE, it will be easier for folks to come and see what you're praying for whether it be me or another loved one, or just sending good wishes. I promise that every other day I will be lighting more for people. it's an easy way to have peace and to share love. What a wonderful thing to do. Thank you for those candles lit for me *big hugs* I cherish everyone.

As far as an update:

I see the doctor on 9-18 to discuss in detail the procedure, discuss alternatives, and make sure no question is left unanswered.

On 10-3 I have an appointment for pre-surgery admittance, blood work up and such.

On 10-9 I will have the surgery in the afternoon, time is yet undetermined (unless an alternative to the surgery is chosen).

I know it's short and sweet but really that's all there is right now. Emotional issues just have to wait a bit until the cold hard facts are expressed and dealt with.

Be well everyone, This is my wish for you today... Just be well

XO

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you
~Irish Blessing

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

Count your joys instead of your woes; count your friends instead of your foes. ~Irish Proverb

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You sound focused and getting ready to prepare for the surgery which is a good thing. Sometimes we need to be practical-oriented to really prepare for the hard road ahead but the good news is once that's over, you can recover.

I've been lighting candles for my friend Kathy, thank you for that link!

Suzie Ridler said...

And you too! Duh, I forgot to mention that.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...