Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Letters of Hopefulness; Letter 2

(Letter One Here)

Dear Unknown Love,

You know what I find most spectacularly attractive about you? The fact that you understand me. You know exactly what I mean when I talk about how people should buy into their partners “Chairs”. You allow me to be who I am without embarrassment. You temper my giddiness when needed, and you listen when needed and somehow, god only knows how, you know EXACTLY when to do both of those things!

I know no one is perfect and I know that this is “new” so right now you’re the closest thing TO perfect that one can know. But dammit, I want to hold this moment inside. I want to capture and hold onto it. I want to look back on this reflection in the perpetual mirror of infinity and see the emotions that this gives me. See them, feel them, and experience them all over again. I want to remember so when I get mad (as I’m prone to) or when I get bitchy (yup that too) or when I get sad over some small thing that this can wash over me like a bath of perfect essential oil both lifting and calming at the same time.

Sigh...

Oh and I do find your arms attractive too. They’re like the best blanket I’ve ever had wrapping me in warmth at any time.

Okay so now I’ll go blush myself into oblivion and pray that even as I hit send on this email that maybe you won’t think me childish for gushing… But maybe instead you’ll smile and give me an extra long hug when next we see each other. By the way, when will that be?

I can’t wait to see you… ;)
Warmly,
Sue

PS. No I never wrote this many letters in high school, so guess what… you get ALL of the ones I should have written way back when :P Aren’t you excited?!

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful Lady M. You deserve love and romance and arms to get lost in!

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm excited :) I love your writing and can't wait to read more.



Mr. Uber

substantial said...

I can relate to this letter, it's what i want to say to my ex (the love of my life) thanx 4 inspiring me to write a poem....

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...