Monday, September 18, 2006

Options, Statistics, & another visit to the Happy Hospital...

“In the depths of winter, I discovered within me, an invincible summer.” ~Albert Camus

~*~
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong – because someday you will have been all of these." ~George Washington Carver
~*~
Today's Affirmation
I am a child of Light.

~*~*~*~*~*~
I love the highlighted quote above… It’s just beautiful to me today.

Today I meet with the doctor again (the surgeon really) to discuss the alternatives she presented to me. Like an audience at a tennis match, as I think of the options given to me and the varying degrees of emotions that people I’ve spoken to have feelings them… I watch the favor in my choice options bounce back and forth over the net of my sanity. One moment I think the surgery is best, the next I think using hormone therapy is better. Statistics and history is what it boils down to.

I’ll have more to say after the appointment I’m sure. So for now I’ll leave you with thank you’s to those who responded to last night’s post. I wasn’t sure I should share it but thank you for understanding.

Xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter what, follow your heart. Its when we ignore the message from our heart that we have regrets.

As always, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzie Ridler said...

My advice to you, at least for the moment, is don't say no to the surgery because hormone therapy is less scary. Do what you think will save your life, even if it's frightening.

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...