Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Donate button to the right...

I had to do it…  I am so sorry, but I had to do it.  

I went to the MedicAid office this morning and spoke to a supervisor.  Because I’m not 65, or not an unwed mother, there are no financial programs available to aid me in my plight.  The only thing they can do is submit my application to the Springfield Illinois headquarters, and if THEIR doctors determine this is a “disability” and approve me, I may get *some* financial aid.  This takes 3-4 months for approval and an additional 45 days for payment.  

The thing that bothers me is that if it’s Life or Death, there is no help.  I have no idea what to do about this.  

I’m researching other ways to get aid, but it’s not looking hopeful.  Forgive me for adding a paypal button to my blog, but I just had to.  

I would never, ever ask for money.  Anyone that knows me knows I HATE taking money from people.  All the things I’ve run online, I’ve paid for to give them TO people. but I cannot do that anymore.  

I’m in a situation where I’m praying and hoping for the kindness of my peers, my friends, and those with a compassionate heart.  I’ve included the link to the Utopia Skye forums where the thread about my diagnosis resides.  There is information there as to how to donate, as well as the donate button on this blog that HAD to be added.  Additionally there is a PO Box if people wish to donate but are uncomfortable donating online.  

I can’t even tell you how sad I am that I cannot get any assistance from our system that was supposedly designed to help the public, or from the hospital.  Please don’t make me sad about our humanity, our compassion.  I can only tell you that anything is helpful.  

Anything, prayers, support, words of encouragement, donations, ANYTHING…

More later…

  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope a lot of people make use of this button and this information. You give so much to everyone, even people who don't ask for it. I know I'll be there for you whenever you need me.


Love,
Mr. Uber

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...