Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Words of Clear Expression

I find that often times when I’m trying to describe how I feel, sometimes it is best to let others who have more eloquence speak for me; because it’s already been said.  Mostly this woman, whom I have never met, has spoken words I’ve felt, plucking them right from my lips like ripe cherry blossoms, even though she spoke them so much earlier than I did.  

If you have time, I suggest you read her blog.  She is a very talented writer and a wonderful painter of words with a gift to really help people understand cancer of her variety.  But her haunting words echo with such resonance for people who do have cancer that even having read them once before diagnosis, I’m still today referring back to her posts and gleaning more tidbits of wisdom that I never saw before.

I find in particular today, this post struck me as soundly as having been the “better” expression of my post earlier this week “The Depths of Loneliness”.  I wish I had the ability to express with such beauty the way I truly felt, because only with clear, precise expression can anyone hope to understand what you’re going through.  There is a paragraph further on down in Cancer, Baby’s post that emulates EXACTLY what I meant to say, but didn’t quite get across (or so I think).  I have paraphrased it here so you know when you read it which one in particular I meant.

“I will tell her that when the voices rise in unison with their monotonous, incessant platitudes about how she'll beat this, about how one day when she is 80 she'll look back on this as something that made her so much stronger, it will be okay if she tells them to stuff it -- if she tells them that their blind optimism can be dismissive, belittling, condescending, and defeating.

I will tell her that when people fawn over how courageous she is, they won't understand that she's simply trying to get through the day.”


She is a wonderful author and even though her light no longer lights in this plane, it burns warmly in my heart forever.

(Yes, more to come later perhaps… It seems I have a lot to say lately).

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...