Friday, September 08, 2006

Circle of Light Greetings, who wants one?

"There are no little events in life, those we think of no consequence may be full of fate, and it is at our own risk if we neglect the acquaintances and opportunities that seem to be casually offered, and of small importance." ~Amelia E. Barr

~*~

"If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call to make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?" ~Stephen Levine, American author and counselor

Sometimes we get so caught up in the demands of the day, we forget the importance of letting those we care about know how we feel. We keep putting off that phone call, or writing that quick note, or even walking into the next room and giving that special someone a quick hug and a smile. Sure, we may tell ourselves that we'll get to it as soon as we have time, but then other demands get in the way. Right now, this very minute could be the perfect moment for you to pick up that phone, write that note, or extend that hug and smile. After all, some things can never be done too soon, and even if they could, too soon is always better than too late.

And until next time...
Know that you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to me.
May your day be filled with all things good,

Kate
We send you our blessings…

~*~*~*~*~*~
Today is a good day so far. I feel ok, slept for 7 hours, and have been not too busy at work despite being off yesterday. I also started putting together the cards that will be sent out to the people who have donated.

Surprised I’m making them? Well, believe me I LOVE to make them. When I had a printer at home, I stopped buying cards all together and made them all complete with individual writings. Back when Jessie was around we had discussed a section of Utopia Skye that would do both printed and online greeting cards and as I was making these cards, I thought… How lovely! I’ll start with that today.

So as it stands the first cards are created and ready to go albeit missing the special message handwritten by yours truly in them. The logo may change but for the moment it says what I recollect Jessie and I had decided on. The only addition is her birth and passing date.

That along with some picture of peace etc will be on the back of each of these cards. I thought of her as I created these today. And I thought of the countless people both those of Utopia Skye and those who’ve come into my life for ANY reason at anytime. While the Circle of Light Greetings will be in Jessie’s memory, the cards and messages that are actually written are inspired by Jessie, and penned by me (and anyone else from Utopia Skye that wishes to contribute).

I am very happy to see the first card with this logo. I cannot WAIT to send them via snail mail. I hope they bring as much light to the recipients as they did to me to make them with love.


Circle of Light Greetings;
Cards & Messages inspired by Jessie Smith
1976 – 2004
©Utopia Skye; SKW respectively


Love, light and peace to you all on this lovely Friday…
XO

PS. It should be noted that if you wish to receive a greeting while I’m doing this first batch, I will send up to 5 additional greetings to the first 5 to email me privately with an address to send it to. You need to do NOTHING to receive it but I can only send 5 so hurry and email me your information ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~
WELL WISHES
May you be inspired today to joy... May something; anything lift your spirits so you can soar despite any object in your path. This is my wish for you all today. May it make you smile to know you are loved.

You are a blessing to me today and everyday

~*~*~*~*~*~
AND REMEMBER

Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished. ~Michael Strassfeld

No comments:

This is 47

In my acquired wisdom I've accepted: 1. That it's OK to admit I like girly things 2. That it's OK I didn't post this ON...